Guerrilla Games’ Cambridge Studio is looking for a talented Senior Environment Artist to join their world-class art team working on PS4. We’re looking for someone to work as a key member of a small motivated team of artists to construct game environments based on approved concept art. Come and work with a great pool of talent in an equally great city.
Your portfolio should:
- Demonstrate both hard and soft surface 3D modelling techniques.
- Demonstrate PS3/PS4 quality texturing (diffuse, normal and specular maps).
- Demonstrate the ability to UV complex objects efficiently.
- Demonstrate your ability to create multiple complex environments, interior and exterior.
- Demonstrate the ability to recreate multiple architectural styles.
- Show at least one environment demonstrating strong creative vision, an eye for detail, composition and visual story telling.
- Demonstrate at least one environment created within strict performance budgets.
It would also be beneficial if your portfolio:
- Contains 2D environment concept paints or sketches.
We’re interested in hearing from you if:
- You are able to work within a predefined art style as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- You are able to deliver work to a very high level of quality within fixed time constraints.
- You show enthusiasm, drive and the ability to learn new processes.
- You are able to balance technical, gameplay and artistic constraints, and are able to work collaboratively on reaching a solution between disciplines.
- You are able work with a high level of autonomy but are also comfortable working with feedback and take direction effectively.
- You can apply lateral thinking to find innovative creative solutions.
- You are able to present, discuss and critique your own work as well as that of others within the team, providing sensitive, yet effective feedback and direction.
- You can draw inspiration from a variety of sources outside of games.
- You have development experience on multiple shipped games.
- You have development experience on recent AAA console games.
- You have a thorough working knowledge of modern shader models.
- You have a broad knowledge of current and past video game environments.
- You have an interest in videogames.
- You can demonstrate high proficiency in the use of Photoshop.
It would be beneficial but not required if:
- You are an experienced Maya user.
- You show high proficiency in the use of zBrush or Mudbox.
- You have scripting experience in Mel or Python.
Please note: Applications submitted without portfolio will not be considered.