We are looking for an experienced engineer to maintain and push forward existing visual effects technologies within an established rendering engine, on a major future project.
Our candidate will have a thorough understanding of the runtime requirements of a contemporary AAA rendering engine, with a good working knowledge of the following areas:-
Scene graph and render order management; partitioning and culling techniques; lighting and shadowing techniques; animation and skinning systems; effects management (decals, particles and full-screen post-processes)
They will have an appreciation of the offline pipelines required to realise their work: from point-of-authoring tools, through to target-platform data generation.
Comfortable with working at the lowest level of target hardware, our candidate will bring a consideration of performance and memory impacts into their design decisions.
We are looking for somebody who is both passionate about game graphics technologies, and able to communicate that enthusiasm to others.
This is an excellent opportunity to play a big part in defining the studio’s future technologies.
* Excellent C++ and GLSL / Cg / HLSL skills.
* Excellent understanding of maths / geometry.
* Very good debugging skills.
* Experience with runtime performance analysis and optimisation techniques:- from algorithmic and data construct levels, through to CPU, GPU and shader instruction sets.
* Deep familiarity with CPU architectures, cache behaviour and programming for SIMD.
* Familiarity with current techniques in graphics, reading and understanding research papers.
* Experience with multithreaded and distributed programming.
* Excellent general software design skills, knowledge of algorithms and data structures, software architectures and development methods.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, and the ability to communicate ideas with other disciplines is essential.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent professional experience.
* A passion for games and graphics in general.
* Has been involved in the start-to-finish development of render technologies for at least 2 AAA games on current gen platforms.
* A desire to make a difference to the industry, and a passion for working with others in an effort to do so.