Based in Central London, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's "R&D Group" report into the global R&D division based in Tokyo and provides a range of services that support the development of applications on the PlayStation family of products for both SCEE's own internal studios and its third party partners throughout Europe and Australasia.
This role is for a developer with a strong object-oriented programming background to work on the iOS version of a cross-platform video-streaming service. The work will involve native iOS development as well as cross-platform TypeScript business logic scripting. While previous TypeScript experience is advantageous, it is not essential. You will be part of a small team composed of cross-platform engineers based in central London. You will be involved in the implementation of the application logic and UI, as well as interfacing with a back-end web service using standard web protocols. This is an initial 6 month contract with the possibility to extend.
• Development of iOS system layer of a cross-platform video streaming service.
• Working closely with the back-end service provider to match the application and service provider requirements.
• Keeping implementation on target to meet a tight schedule.
The following skills are required for the role:
• Expert knowledge of object-orientated programming, with at least 3 years experience.
• Excellent iOS/Objective C development knowledge.
• Good knowledge and experience of working with a client/server model.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines without direct supervision.
• Good communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with differing groups both inside and outside of the company.
The following skills are not required for the role, but would be seen as highly advantageous:
• TypeScript experience is preferred but not essential.
• Good knowledge of XML, SOAP or JSON.
• Good knowledge in any software configuration management systems, ideally Perforce.